Arsene provided us with some very pleasing comments. Nice to see from a Premier League Manager, and pretty rare!
"I must say at first that it was a very difficult game because it was a real cup game and Leeds were up for it, they played well..."
"It is a good warning that we got today. But we knew before the game that Leeds went to Old Trafford last year and won, and they had a draw at Tottenham. Overall this team have belief in that competition, from last year certainly.
"They did very well, very aggressive but in a good way, not a negative way, they closed us down everywhere and we had problems to pass through their lines. They were dangerous as well and it was important for us not to give a goal away, but we did."
The pieces I've highlighted I'm extremely surprised at and proud of. Arsene never compliments a side for being aggressive, which I thought we were. Its even more pleasing we were able to be aggressive whilst not causing Wenger any issues or complaints. I believe we did play and tackle fairly. Its also a dig at City who came to the Emirates midweek and played for a goalless draw, achieving not one shot on target. Boring, boring City indeed.
The second comment I emboldened is even more impressive. Arsenal having problems passing - its what they're known for, it's their philosophy and our side can take much from the fact we managed to stifle them and slow down the passing and movement to such an extent that Wenger feels the need to comment on it.
"Schmeichel & Bruce were fantastic...maybe these two names want to make my life difficult forever!"
Impressive.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment