Monday, January 24

Kilkenny keen to stay... talks ongoing

Midfielder Neil Kilkenny has reiterated his desire to remain at the club after becoming an impressive and key component of the Leeds machine this season. Naturally a deeper lying player he's somewhat of a unique player at the club as the other centre midfielders play naturally higher up the field (or like to). At this moment in time I'd say though not irreplaceable, Neil is a key player and the contract issue needs to be sorted, if nothing just to assure we don't lose a prize asset for nothing... again.

I'd say currently, the Johnson contract is of more importance as he's really come into his own the past couple of months, playing in a deeper role and adapting his game well - contributing with goals when he joins the attack as well. He's more physical than Kilkenny, quicker, an aerial threat and a goal threat. What he has lacked in the past is passing ability and composure, although recently his decision making in his passing has seen improvement.

"Discussions have started, they have been going on for a long time so we'll wait and see when I get back.
"At the end of the day if Leeds want to keep me they know I want to stay, so the ball is in their court."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment