Tuesday, January 4

Phil Parkinson Sacked.

Just plain unlucky...
I'm not sure this bitter idiot is worth my time and effort but since I disliked his comments about us last year, I thought him getting sacked after a 4-1 drubbing against Swindon, who also involved our own former Jesus - David Prutton, was well worth a mention.

These were the comments he made last year as we were embroiled in a promotion push with his side...

Parkinson said our defeat to Millwall was good for League One because "a lot of things have been going for them". (By them he refers to us...).

This comment came after Charlton only managed a draw 1-1 to Gillingham, a team he'd no doubt have expected to beat, and left them behind Leeds in the table by 1 place and 1 point (Leeds were sitting top at the time). I don't know how it was good for League One in particular, except for us getting what he seemed to be heavily hinting at as our just desserts.

"I think it's good for the rest of the division that they lost," said Parkinson. "Simon will be the first to admit in recent weeks a lot of things have gone for them."

Just the way to react to a disappointing defeat... Claim others doing better around you are lucky, out of the blue, and citing a run of games... "in recent weeks" that have gone in our favour down to our luck. Perhaps he could have picked an individual lucky moment rather than putting weeks of successes down to luck, that would have been a little more fair.

In fact I struggle to think of a more unlucky team than Leeds. Just one game ago - Sonko's foul on McCormack that wasn't given as a penalty vs Pompey. You make your own luck I suppose but sometimes our lack of "luck" really does take the mick. In fact at the time of Parkinson coming out with these comments we'd hit the woodwork the most times out of any team in the league. The last I read, the same was true this season as well.

I'd just like to say, Phil, how unlucky you were not to get promoted last season and how unlucky you are to have got sacked.

1 Comments:

Matt 'Stormin' Gorman said...

Spiteful.... Yet fair, goodbye to one of the wankers of the game, just got warnock to go now.

Post a Comment